Mrs. Vail keeps an updated list of scholarships for seniors and underclassmen in Naviance. Click on the “Colleges” tab; select “Scholarships & Money,” then click on “Scholarship List.” Filtering by Diocesan/NDGP or Local will show you scholarships that are only available to Notre Dame students and/or the surrounding school districts.
Working papers/permits can be obtained by contacting the public school district in which you reside. Check the website of your local district for more information about their specific procedures.
It’s not too late to apply! There are over 200 colleges and universities in the U.S. still accepting applications!
All transcript requests must be made through Naviance. How to request transcripts.
- Match your Common app and Naviance accounts
- Request that your transcript be sent to a college
- Add colleges to your “Colleges I’m Applying to” list
- Request teacher recommendations
- Request a counselor recommendation
- Naviance: Click Colleges > Scholarships and Money – Here you will find a National Scholarship Search as well as the Scholarship List, which can connect you with local scholarships.
- The Most Unusual Scholarships and Education Grants
Naviance has upgraded their college planning resources with the following tools for you:
- > Locate virtual events and access direct links to virtual tours
- > Register for virtual events from Naviance instead of searching each college website
- > See events from multiple colleges in one place to plan more efficiently
- > Search for events by type and within a date range
- > Access more comprehensive information on college profile pages, including links to virtual tours and test-optional policies
Sophomore year is the perfect time to explore what careers you may be interested in after high school.
Naviance is an excellent resource for finding information about colleges and careers. You can find a list of programs held either virtually or on college campuses in your Naviance Student account under Colleges > Research Colleges > Enrichment Programs. These programs are great opportunities to experience a week in a college dorm, explore your career interests, and enhance your resume.
Welcome to your first year of high school!
The grades you earn this year can set the tone for the rest of your high school experience. When you apply to colleges as a senior, they will see the courses you took and the grades you earned as a freshman. Do your best, and don’t be afraid to ask for help!
It’s never too early to begin thinking about your college or career journey. You can start earning scholarships for college now by creating a Raise.Me profile! To date, our students have earned more than $794,000 in scholarships through Raise.Me! Learn how Raise.Me works.
We hope you have your best year yet!
Seniors are responsible for their college applications; please do not create any accounts for your child (e.g., Common App, College Board, or ACT accounts) or complete any parts of their college applications. Doing so can impede the process of submitting transcripts and recommendation letters to colleges through Naviance and may delay your child’s college applications.